Friday, May 04, 2012

More On Marion County Election Board Screw Up

I received a postcard in the mail today from the Marion Co. Voter Registration office telling me that the polling place at which I've voted for the last 18 years has not changed for next Tuesday's primary election. More troubling, it contained my date of birth and the last four digits of my social security number. It's absolutely inexcusable for the election board to deliberately subject tens of thousands of Marion County voters to the risk of identity theft by including this information on this completely unnecessary mailing. Someone should file a class action lawsuit against the county for putting voters at risk. And then they wonder why so many people have opted out of the exercising the voter franchise altogether. People already don't register to vote to avoid jury duty service. Now they won't register to vote to prevent identity theft.

3 comments:

Pete Boggs said...

Exactly what brand of dumb ass, exposes personal information on a voter registration post card?

Unigov said...

I got three cards for people who haven't lived here for at least 7 years.

Had Enough Indy? said...

I'm not worried - they got the last 4 digits of my social wrong !